A rule is a set of one or more data conditions or values that must be met for the rule to be true. Actions are executed only when the rule to which they are linked is true.
If your business practice requires a rule to always evaluate to true, create a rule with the filter criteria set to Record Status equals New OR Updated, as shown:
A rule can be linked to one or more action types. Rules are evaluated sequentially according to the priority in which they are assigned in the Rule Order dialog box.
- Rules are owned by the application or questionnaire to which they are linked, and are not available to other applications or questionnaires.
- Rules are evaluated and actions are executed in a rules session.
- A rules session is a single uninterrupted pass of evaluating rules in a specified order and executing linked actions for any rules that are true.
- A rules session is invoked when a record is added, changed, or saved.
- Rules can be copied and edited to make similar rules.
- Rules can be based on field types that allow for a user selection or data entry.
The following fields cannot be used in a rule:
| || |
Note: Sub-forms can be used in a rule, but not the fields in the sub-form.
RSA Archer 6.3