Complete this task to install a package after you have imported the package file. You can queue multiple packages, however RSA Archer only installs one package at a time.
When installing a package with a core module in to a target instance in which it does not exist currently, that core module must be licensed prior to the package installation in the target instance.
Important: Ensure that you have backed up your database before beginning this procedure. The package installation cannot be reversed. The only way to reverse a package installation is to restore the RSA Archer database backup.
The Install Package process is queued into the asynchronous job engine. This jobs may or may not run immediately, depending on the jobs currently queued in the job engine. The Install Package process impersonates the user who runs the install, so any objects modified or created during the package installation will be associated with that user.
- Applications (and levels of the application)
- Questionnaire values lists
- Question filter properties
- Workpoint Action (Advanced Workflow)
- Navigation Menu items
- Calculation formulas
- Letterhead templates
- Data Driven Event actions
- Data Driven Event rules
- Questionnaire campaigns
- Questionnaire show/hide rules
- Mail Merge Templates
- Repository Install
- Access Roles
All objects from the source instance are installed in the target instance unless the object cannot be found or is flagged to not be installed in the target instance. A list of conditions that can cause objects not to be installed is provided in the Log Messages section. A log entry displays in the Package Installation Log section.
Install a package
If installing a package that contains Record Permissions fields, verify that users and groups already exist in the target instance. If they do not, these fields might not install properly. If necessary, create the users and groups in the target instance before installing the package.
- Go to the Install Packages page.
- From the menu bar, click .
- Under Application Builder, click Install Packages.
- In the Available Packages section, locate the package file that you want to install, and click Install.
- In the Configuration section, select the components of the package that you want to install.
- To select all components, select the top-level checkbox.
- To install only specific global reports in an already installed application, select the checkbox associated with each report that you want to install.
Note: Items in the package that do not match an existing item in the target instance are selected by default.
- In the Configuration section, under Install Method, select an option for each selected component. To use the same Install Method for all selected components, select a method from the top-level drop-down list.
The following table describes the options.
Create New Only
Only creates new fields and other elements in the applications, questionnaires, workspaces, and dashboards specified in the package file. This option does not modify any existing elements on your instance of RSA Archer. This is useful when you want to add functionality to an existing application, questionnaire, workspace, dashboard, or access role, but you do not want to risk making any unwanted changes to the existing elements of the applications, questionnaires, workspaces, or dashboards. iViews that are not currently on the dashboards that are selected for the package install are created.
Note: The Create New Only option does not apply to access roles or languages.
Create New and Update
Updates all elements in the applications, questionnaires, workspaces, and dashboards as specified in the package file. This includes adding new elements and updating existing elements. Existing iViews on the dashboards that are selected for the package install are updated, and iViews that are not currently on the dashboards that are selected for the package install are created.
Note: The Create New and Update option does not apply to access roles or languages.
- In the Configuration section, under Install Option, select an option for each selected component. To use the same Install Option for all selected components, select an option from the top-level drop-down list.
The following table describes the options.
Do not Override Layout
Installs the component, but does not change the existing layout. This is useful if you have a lot of custom fields and formatting in your layout that you do not want to risk losing.
You may have to modify the layout after installing the package to use the changes made by the package.
Note: The Do not Override Layout option does not apply to access roles or languages.
Updates the layout as specified in the package file, overwriting the existing layout.
Note: The Override Layout option does not apply to access roles or languages.
- To deactivate target fields and data-driven events that are not in the package, in the Post-Install Actions section, select the Deactivate target fields and data-driven events that are not in the package checkbox. To rename the deactivated target fields and data-driven events with a user-defined prefix, select the Apply a prefix to all deactivated objects checkbox, and enter a prefix. This can help you identify any fields or data-driven events that you may want to review for cleanup post-install.
- Click Install.
- Click OK.
RSA Archer 6.5