Broker and IPDB Extractor services are "unreachable"
Hi, I am having problems with the Broker and the IPDB Extractor services since the 10.4.1 update. I see them just fine in the services view with everything green but in reality they are not working at all.
For example, when I click on the Broker to manage it, I get the following message instead of the config page:
Service 127.0.0.1 host MYHOST - Broker is unreachable
Same thing with the IPDB Extractor service :
Service 127.0.0.1 host MYHOST - IPDB Extractor is unreachable
Everything else works fine. Logs are collected/decoded and I can investigate logs through the Concentrator. Any ideas what is wrong? I tried the basics : restart the services, stop/start, remove/add them again with and without SSL, rebooted the appliance, etc. but nothing has made it.
- Community Thread
- Forum Thread
- RSA NetWitness
- RSA NetWitness Platform
This sounds like a permissions issue to me. If your services are communicating via the 10.4 Trust Model then you will want to make sure that your "rdes071" user belongs to a Role/Group that has administrative access to the Broker and IPDB Extractor services.
If your services are communicating using the legacy method (with a username and password specified in the connection rather than using the SSL certificates), then you may need to add the "rdes071" user as a device user by following the steps below.
- Login to the Security Analytics UI as the admin user.
- Navigate to the Administration -> Services page.
- Click on the Actions button for the Broker service in the far right column and select View -> Security.
- Click on the Add ( + ) button underneath the Users tab.
- Type in the username of the user and press Enter.
- In the pane that appears on the right, type in the relevant User Information.
- If the user is externally authenticated, be sure to select External for the Auth Type. Otherwise, if the user is local to the Security Analytics environment, select Netwitness.
- Under Role Membership, check the box for the group(s) to which the user is assigned.
- Scroll down and click on the blue Apply button.
- Click on the Replicate button next to the Add ( + ) and Remove ( - ) buttons.
- Select the IPDB Extractor service and click the Replicate button.
Below is a screenshot of what that would look like.
I hope this helps. If you need further assistance, feel free to call 800-995-5095 and dial 9 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and the Support team will be happy to help you out.