Installation of RSA SA
Hi I am new to this forum and would like to put of a technical question which is as below.
1) I have received 6 Series 5 Appliances with 3 HBA cards, can someone suggest me how to install these cards and on to which component they need to be installed. (SA Head Unit, Decoder, Concentrator, Event Stream analysis, Archiver or Log collector)
2) What is the order of installation of these devices.
3) Do these devices come with pre-installed OS, of after booting I need to configure the roles onto these devices.
4) How to connect these devices to storage.
5) Any other thing which needs to be kept in mind during the installation.
Thanks for using Netwitness and welcome to the forum. Unfortunately Netwitness is a complex product and I wouldn't describe it as a product that you can just purchase off the shelf and install it by following a series of manuals.
I would strongly recommend that you engage either RSA Professional Services or a Partner company who can help you install and get the most out of your significant investment.
Were services purchased as part of your deployment in order to get you up to speed quickly?
Hello without services I think you are setting up your project for failure.
Here is my prediction:
1 you have problems implementing leading to multiple support calls
2 this leads to the project deadlines being missed
3 you get increasingly dissatisfied with the product
4 end customer is unhappy
5 lots of time wasted in management escalations
1 the project is properly scoped and implemented
2 it is delivered on time
3 customer sees value from their investment quickly
4 everyone is happy
Why set yourself up for failure?
Sent from my iPhone
follow the documentation link at the top of this site to get to the documentation for installation.
Hardware install guides and service install guides are there to answer your questions.
Like David W. mentioned, for best results please consult a partner or RSA PS for assistance with installation of the components that were purchased.
Short answer to your questions.. you purchased RSA Netwitness appliances that come with CentOS operating system and RSA application pre-installed. RSA provides patches and software updates once you have configured IP and network as well as any outbound firewall rules to allow communication to RSA cloud services.