RSA ECAT 4.1 Monitoring and External Components Test fails with HTTP code = 0
RSA Product Set: ECAT RSA Product/Service Type: ECAT Server RSA Version/Condition: 4.1.x Platform: Windows
In the External Components Configuration (Configure -> Monitoring and External Components) for entries like SYSLOG Server, and RSA Live when running the Test Settings returns the error:
Could not login. Server returned HTTP code = 0
As you will realize the syslog UDP Port 514 is not HTTP, and the RSA Live Port 443 is also not HTTP.
What is happening is the "RSA ECAT Console Server" service is unable to communicate with the "RSA ECAT API Server" service via HTTP.
1. Login to the RSA ECAT Server
2. Run the Windows program, service.msc
3. Ensure that the "RSA ECAT API Server" service is running, it should show the Status = Started.
Start the "RSA ECAT API Server" service if it is not running. Stop/start the "RSA ECAT API Server" service if it is running, in case the service has stopped communicating.
4. Check that the "RSA ECAT API Server" service is also configured with Startup Type = Automatic (Delayed Start), so the service will start when the Server is rebooted. It should be configured this way by default.
5. Right-click the "RSA ECAT API Server" service, Properties, and in the Recovery tab check the settings for: First failure; Second failure; Subsequent failure, which should all have the action of "Restart the Service". Also Reset fail count after = 0 days and Restart service after = 5 minutes It should be configured this way by default.
6. If the "RSA ECAT API Server" service is not installed Confirm you are running ECAT 4.1.x or above.
This can happen if the configuring of the ECAT Server Service Credentials during the initial ECAT installation is skipped. You would need to manually install the "RSA ECAT API Server" service.
To install the "RSA ECAT API Server" service: 1. Logon to the ECAT Server with the user login that will run the service. 2. Open a Windows command prompt 3. Change to the ECAT Server directory (default c:\ECAT\Server), and run:
ECAT 4.1.2 (or above) features improved logging and diagnostics when connecting to the apiserver. It is strongly recommended to consider upgrading to 4.1.2 (or higher) if the steps in this article do not solve the issue, as the increased diagnostics will help determine the cause of the issue.