Deploy Component Core Services in AzureDeploy Component Core Services in Azure
The following tasks must be performed to configure the core RSA NetWitness Platform component services on a virtual machine (VMs) in the Azure Cloud environment.
- Go to azuremarketplace.microsoft.com and sign in with your credentials.
Search for RSA.
Click RSA NetWitness Platform core service (for example, RSA NetWitness Concentrator) and click Create.
The Create virtual machine wizard opens and displays the Basics tab.
Enter the values in the following fields:
- Specify a VM Name (for example, Concentrator).
Select SSD for the VM disk type of the Concentrator or HDD for all other components.
Solid State Disk (SSD) performs better than a Hard Drive (HDD).
- Select Password for Authentication type.
- Enter your credentials (that is User name and Password) and Confirm Password.
Azure validates the Basic specifications and the 2 Size page is displayed.
Click on the appropriate VM size (for example, Standard DS14 v2 for the Concentrator) for the service and click Select for a VM Size.
For more information on RSA's recommendations of the VM sizes for each service, see Azure Configuration Recommendations.
Azure validates the Size specifications and the Networking page is displayed.
Enter the Settings.
- In the Storage field, make sure Use manage disks is set to Yes .
- Adjust Virtual network, Subnet and Public IP address according to the requirements of your network.
Specify a valid Network ecurity group.
For information on Network security groups, see the Microsoft Azure documentation (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/virtual-network/virtual-networks-nsg). Refer to Deployment: Network Architecture and Ports (https://community.rsa.com/docs/DOC-83050) for a comprehensive list of the ports you must set up for all RSA NetWitness Platform components.
Azure validates the VM and the Purchase page is displayed.
- Click Purchase to create the core RSA Security Analytics component service (for example, Concentrator) VM in Azure.
Configure the host VM in RSA NetWitness Platform 220.127.116.11.
For more information, see Configure Host VMs in NetWitness Platform .
- Repeat steps 1 through 8 inclusive for the rest of the core RSA NetWitness component services.