Monitor a Warehouse ConnectorMonitor a Warehouse Connector
By monitoring a Warehouse Connector, you can automatically generate notifications when critical thresholds concerning Warehouse Connector and its storage have been met.
To monitor a Warehouse Connector:
- Go to (Admin) > Services.
- In the Services view, select the added Warehouse Connector service and select > View > Config.
The Services Config view of Warehouse Connector is displayed.
- Click the Streams tab.
At the bottom of the Streams tab, click To configure the alert mechanisms related to the Warehouse Connector navigate here.
The Warehouse Connector Monitoring view is displayed.
This page is deprecated and will be removed in a future release.
- In the Source or Destination Status section, select the number of minutes or hours in the Notify Offline For field.
You will receive a notification if the source or destination connection fails for the defined number of minutes or hours.
In the Stream Status section, perform the following:
- In the Notify Stopped For field, define the number of minutes or hours after which you would like to receive a notification when the stream goes offline.
- In the Disk Is field, define the limit on the percentage of disk usage after which you would like to receive a notification.
- In the Source is Behind field, define the number of sessions. A notification is raised if the source goes behind the defined number of sessions.
- In the Rejected Folder Size is field, define the limit on the percentage of folder usage after which would like to receive a notification.
- In the Number Of Files in Permanent Failure Folder field, define the limit on the number of files in the permanent failure folder after which you would like to receive a notification.
In the Notification Type field, perform the following:
- Click Configure email or distribution list to configure email so that you can receive notifications in NetWitness. For more information, see the "Configure Email Server and Notification Account" topic in the System Configuration guide.
- Click Configure Syslog and SNMP Trap servers to configure audit logs. For more information, see the "Configure Syslog and SNMP Settings" topic in the System Configuration guide.
Select the following notification mechanisms as per your requirement:
- NetWitness Console - To get notifications on the NetWitness UI notification toolbar.
- Email - To get email notifications.
- Syslog Notification - To generate syslog events.
- SNMP Trap Notifications - To get audit events as SNMP traps.