Services Security ViewServices Security View
In NetWitness Platform, each service has a separate configuration of users, roles, and role permissions, which are managed in the Services Security view.
To access service information and perform service operations through NetWitness Platform, a user must belong to a role that has permissions on that service. For NetWitness Platform version 10.4 or later Core services that utilize trusted connections, it is no longer necessary to create NetWitness Platform Core user accounts for users that log on through the web client. You only need to create NetWitness Platform Core user accounts for aggregation, thick client users, and REST API users.
Note: Only the default admin user in NetWitness Platform is created by default on all services. As a prerequisite to managing service security, the default admin user account must be present in the Admin Services view. For every other user, you must configure access to each particular service through NetWitness Platform.
What do you want to do?
|User Role||I want to...||Documentation|
|Administrator||set up a host.|
|Administrator||maintain a host.||Maintaining Hosts|
|maintain a service.|
|Administrator||manage configuration of users, roles, and role permissions.*||See the System Security and User Management Guide.|
* You can perform these tasks in the current view.
- Add, Replicate, or Delete a Service User
- Add a User Role to a Service
- Change a Service User Password
- Duplicate or Replicate a Service Role
- Edit Service Dialog
- Services Config View
- Services Explore View
- Services Logs View
- Services Stats View
- Services System View
- Services View
The Services Security view has three tabs: Users, Roles, and Settings.
Roles and Service Access
Primary considerations in configuring service security are defining the roles and assigning users to the roles. The Service Security view separates these two functions into the Users tab and the Roles tab.
- In the Users tab, you can add a user, edit user settings, change the user password, and edit the role membership of the user for a selected service. Although you select a single service in the Services Security view, you can apply the settings for one service to other services.
- In the Roles tab, you can create roles and assign permissions to the roles for a selected service.