Step 1b. Create Virtual Machine - Microsoft Hyper-VStep 1b. Create Virtual Machine - Microsoft Hyper-V
Complete the following steps according to their numbered sequence to deploy virtual host in Hyper-V.
Make sure that you have:
- Network IP addresses, netmask, and gateway IP addresses for the virtual host.
- Network names for all virtual hosts, if you are creating a cluster.
- DNS or host information.
- Password for virtual host access. The default username is
rootand the default password is
- The NetWitness Platform virtual host package file for example, rsa-nw-188.8.131.52.3274.zip. (You download this package from Download Central https://community.rsa.com)
Note: The following instructions illustrate an example of deploying a VM in the Hyper-V environment. The screens you see may be different from this example.
To deploy virtual host in Hyper-V.
Log on to Hyper-V Manager.
- Click Import Virtual Machine and Click Next.
- In the Import Virtual Machine dialog, specify the path where the zip file is extracted and Click Next.
Select the Virtual Machine and Click Next.
- Choose copy the Virtual machine (create a new unique ID) Import Type.
In the Choose Destination section, specify the new or existing folder to store the Virtual Machine files.
- In the Choose Storage Folder section, specify the location where you want to store multiple Virtual Machine deployments.
In the Connect Network section, specify the Network name for the Virtual Machine to connect.
- Check the Summary, if all the details are correct, click Finish.