AxM: what is the procedure to enable dynamic debugging using SNMP
Access Manager 6.1
AxM: what is the procedure to enable dynamic debugging using SNMP The install_config.pdf for RSA Access Manager 6.1 describes the prerequisites to enable Instrumentation and be able to access the AxM MIB. It does not describe exactly where and how the DEBUG_ACTIVE parameter is set.
The instructions will vary with the SNMP management tool (MNS) being used to enable/disable debugging The following steps are valid for the iReasoning MIB browser 6.31:
1. Open the RSA-ACCESS-MANAGER-MIB
2. Open the server you want to debug (aserver, dispatcher, etc.)
3. Scroll down to aserverRuntimeConfigTable
4. Right click and select Table View
5. For each aserverRuntimeConfigHost there is an aserverRuntimeConfigParamName of DEBUG_ACTIVE
Note: The default value is aserverRuntimeConfigParamValue false
6. Change the value to true as follows:
a. Highlight DEBUG_ACTIVE
b. Click on the button SNMP SET above the table (menu items are Rotate, Refresh, Export, Poll, SNMP SET, Create Row)
c. Leave the OID as is. For the Value enter true to enable debug. Enter false to disable when finished debugging.