external IP address change
Here are a few instructions given by RSA on chaning the IP Address:
1) Change Windows LAN IP
- Using Remote Desktop, connect to the existing EnVision Appliance IP Address.
- Click on 'Start' - 'Control Panel' - 'Network Connections' - 'LAN' - 'Properties'. Then highlight 'Internet Protocol TCP/IP' and click 'Properties'.
- Change the existing IP Address, Subnet Mask and Default Gateway to the new. This IP Address should be the same as your Internal IP Address you configured in Step 1.
- Click 'OK' and close all 'LAN Properties' windows
- EnVision Appliance IP is now changed.
2) Within the enVision GUI, go to Overview Tab >> System Configuration >> Services >> Set Up Site Communication,
then update the Internal and External IP addresses to reflect your new LAN IP
- Start the EnVision Administration GUI and click 'Overview' - 'System Configuration' - 'Services' - 'Setup Site Communication'
- Change both External and Internal IP Address to the new IP address you would like to use. Internal IP is used for LAN interface on EnVision Appliance, External is used if NAT is required.
3) If you are using the VAM/Asset Management/Task Triage components of enVision,
you will need to update the App Server Service:
4) From the command line of the appliance, navigate your way to the ..\bin folder,
then execute the following 2 commands in sequence:
appserver_install.bat X.X.X.X (where X.X.X.X is your updated LAN IP Address)
Here is what I think apart from the above:
1. Have your firewall rules in place for the new IP and the Log sources.
2. Have your log sources (those are forwarding events) configuration changed.
3. Check the NIC SFTP Agent configuration to make the change to the destination.
Thanks for your help - I've never had to change an IP before and couldn't figure out why Windows events were no longer collecting. After changing the site communication the windows events started collecting again.