How do I Schedule deletion of data after 6 months.
We have a 6 months policy of keeping data. Can anyone help me with howto set up the scheduling of the deletion?
I want to delete all data that is older than 6 months. I believe the lsmaint.exe command is involved. Is that correct?
Yes, use the following lsmaint command & parameters to purge data older than 6 months (180 days):
lsmaint -delete -time start -180D -devices *
You can run lsmaint -? to see every available option.
Break it into two pieces:
In executable name field, put:
e:\nic\<your version number>\<your appliancename>\bin\lsmaint.exe
In parameters field, put:
-delete -time start -180D -devices *
We have a 12 month time limit on record retention. And since I'm gutless, I purge anything older than 14 months. I have a plain old BAT named PurgeData.BAT that runs with Windows Task Manager the first day of every month. It first outputs to a text file cuz, again, I'm gutless... It's run on the D-SERV of out LS50 system...
lsmaint -show -time start -14M > C:\Temp\monthlypurge.txt
lsmaint -delete -time start -14M
This is how to schedule a task within to run LSMAINT in the enVision GUI:
(1) Login to enVision with administrative privledges
(2) From Overview -> System Configuration - > Services -> Scheduler Service -> Schedule Task
(3) Create a Task name
(4) Choose the Site/Node you want the Scheduled Task to be executed. Choose the D-SRV.
(5) Click the Browse Radio button next to Executable name and browse to E:\nic\enVision version\enVision sitename\bin and select lsmaint.exe
(6) Under the Parameter strings you would enter the arguments based on the data you wanted to delete/copy. In this case:
-delete -time -start -182D
(7) Click the Set Recurrence button and choose how often the lsmaint command will run.
(8) It may take a minute to show up in the Schedule Tasks pane. Just click the Refresh button until it shows.
I am working to get rid of some data and I ran lsmaint.exe -delete -time start -17M -devices * but I noticed that the data for several of my devices did not get removed. The permissions of the files and folders look correct. I then ran lsmaint.exe -show -time start -17M -devices * and no data came back. Can I just delete those folders or is there a better way to remove that data.
Thanks for your help.