Import devices from file
Spoke to an enVision specialist and was given the the instructions below. Let me know if you run into any issues.
Add the, Domains, Host names, and IP's (in that order) of the 290 systems to a text file. Tab Delimited, one server per line.
Import from the command line using the dbimport_windows_clients.cmd utility in the ..database\cmd folder on the appliance
This info is also in the readme.txt file in the attached zip:
This command script automates the import of windows clients. Use it
instead of using the bulkload through the UI when the number of windows clients
to add is large.
Where domain_host_ip_file is the name of the file that contains
the list of host,ip,domain values to be added to to the
The domain_host_ip_file file should be in this format:domain host ip
(See the included sample-importlist.txt file for an example)
- OPTIONAL: Run the computerlist.exe on any computer in the network that can see all the domains/computers in your network.
- OPTIONAL: The above will generate a file importlist.txt on the same folder you run it from.
- Copy dbimport_windows_clients.cmd to e:\%_enVision%\database\cmd\dbimport_windows_clients.cmd
- Add manually to the GUI all the domains (you need to set user/pass for each domain anyway)
- Change to the e:\%_envision%\database\cmd directory and run dbimport_windows_clients.cmd importlist.txt
NOTICE! if you want LC1 to collect then run it on LC1, never run it from the AS or from the DS!
Does anyone know if there is a limit on the number of clients that I can import with the script? I've done as many as a couple hundred, and it can take some time to show up in Manage Monitored Devices, but are there any issues other than the wait time? Thanks!