Migrate Envision NAS Data Store
Does anyone know if there is a document that lists the steps to migrate the RSA enVision Data Store. Currently we are using a FreeNAS server as our data store but it keeps crashing and we would like to migrate to a secure NAS storage that is maintained by our storage team. I would like some instructions, if available, on the process to reconfigure the storage. Please let me know if this is available.
Thanks in advance for your help and reading this query.
I don't know if there is any document but here is what I would do in this situation.
1. You have your new NAS configured with all the required volumes as used currently in your enVision setup.
2. All the network connectivity is checked and you are able to connect to CIFS shares on you new NAS.
1. Add all the CIFS Shares from the NEW NAS to enVision GUI i.e. Overview -> System Configuration -> Directories -> Manage Storage Location.
2. Add each duplicate location (from NEW NAS) for all the current locations.
3. Once the locations are added, make all the old locations to READ ONLY by unchecking the "Allow Write Access" checkbox.
4. In the next GMT 00:00 time, enVision will start writing to your NEW Locations. Then you can either take of your OLD locations or can keep them there as READ ONLY.
Note: Addition and any changes to this configuration may require NIC Locator service to be restarted. You can also check if any other services requires a restart.
Hope this work for you.