SFTP Agent - additional auth required...
I am having an issue configuring SFTP Agent. The agent is presenting opening a PFTP session with the envision collector, presenting the key, which is accepted, but then times out with an authorization required error. What would be causing this?
I ran into something similar by trying get around generating and registering new key pairs.
Did you make the registry entry with the same administrative ID generate the public/private key pair? Are you using/sharing a key used on a different device?
I've found there's no way to get around what it says to do in the SFTP setup.
- Logon with an admin/service account that doesn't have an expired password
- Enter this ID and password in the "logon as" tab on the NIC_SFTP agent service.
- Enter this ID and password in the scheduled task that will be used to pull/dump logs.
- Create the key pair using pUTTY.
- Copy the public key to the collector, and register it
- Go back to the event source server, and register the private key.
- Stop and start the NIC_SFTP agent service.