TXT files to enviSion
I'm new to configure devices on envision, right now i have a TXT file with LOGs that i want to send to enviSion, this file it generates every day on a shared folder. How can i do this?
Looks like you are trying to create a new device type (UDS) in RSA enVision using a TXT file.
If that is the case, you must do the following:
In RSA enVision
1) Create a new FILE Reader type. (Tip: Look for field delimiters)
2) Create a new FILE Reader service. (This will create a new folder in the Collectors)
3) (Manually) Put your sample TXT file into that folder.
4) Extract the new Unknown data from the database using LSDATA utility
5) Copy the extracted data to your PC.
In your PC
1) Create a new device package using RSA Event Source Integrator using the file generated by LSDATA
2) Copy the new package to RSA enVision (App Server if is a LS)
3) Install the new package.
In the server to be monitored
1) Configure a FTP or SFTP file service to transfer the file to RSA Collector
Using this method I been capable of integrate 25 new types of devices and applications into RSA enVision.
Thank you so much.
Today I followed your procedure, but I have 2 doubts:
1. How can I install device package (ZIP file)? Do I need to install on all nodes (AS and LCs) or just on the Data Server?
2. What FTP or SFTP service is recommended to install?
Again Thanks for your help, i feel so close to get the LOG that i need
1) To install the device package generated with RSA Event Source Integrator, you must:
a) Copy the ZIP file into Application Server (i.e. Desktop)
b) Open the ZIP file (The ZIP file should have 4 objects inside
c) Copy the 4 objects into E:\nic\VERSION\NODE-AS1\update folder
d) Execute the DeployEventSourceSetup.vbs file
This file do all the job, for example: Copy the files to the other machines (if you have a LS system),
restart the services, etc.
You must wait until everything has done.
Your enVision LC appliance should have FTP and WinSSHD services installed and configured, you can use either. If you want to use WinSSHD (NIC_SFTP) you can follow the instructions on the NIC SFTP Agent Configuration manual.
Hope this help.