7.1.0 patch 05 Version Dump can import in 7.1.1 version?
In the (RSA Identity Governance and Lifecycle Database Setup and Management Guide V7.1.1 document) states data back can import to a new machine, and also states the target machine must be running on the same RSA version, so confused, please confirm can be do it or not?
Importing AVUSER Schema/Data for a Customer-Supplied Database Restoration/Load:
You can import a AVUSER schema/data back up for restoring a database or loading it on a new machine. You
perform the import procedure for the RSA Identity Governance and Lifecycle Oracle database on the database
server machine using Oracle's impdp data pump utility. It uses a .dmp file of the AVUSER schema created from
the export process. If you intend to import a dump from one machine to another, you may be required to
perform additional configuration on the target machine. The target machine must be running the same RSA
Identity Governance and Lifecycle version as the version from which the dump was created.
- 7.1.0 version dump can import in 7.1.1 version
- Community Thread
- Forum Thread
- Identity G&L
- Identity Governance & Lifecycle
- Installation & Upgrade
- RSA Identity
- RSA Identity G&L
- RSA Identity Governance & Lifecycle
- RSA Identity Governance and Lifecycle
- RSA IGL
Well, if it's the same server it's a straight forward import.
After importing and once you try to login into the console, it will state that the DB schemas are different and migration is required. After migration it should allow you to use the system.
I've imported a 7.0.2 DB dmp after upgrading to 7.1.1. on the same server and after the migration it worked as usual.
If it's a different server (not the same machine) then it gets a little complicated, and you need to make few changes in the T_system_settings tables. I advice to take a backup of this table.
Again, be very cautious as this is not recommended and it's more of a workaround. Better to ask RSA expert for this.
Recently I have worked on upgrading and migrating IGL from various version 7.0.2 / 7.1.0 & 7.1.1
In past it was possible and used to work that we used import any lower version into higher version and migration utility used to take care of rest.
But nowadays from 7.+ version, it seems you can no longer that easily import any lower version dump to any higher version. Migration fails during that.
So better suggested way is, when you are about to set up a completely new environment set it up as same as the environment from where you are going to import the dump from .
In your case install 7.1.0 P05 first on new box you are about to create, then import the dump from your running production which would be 7.1.0 P05 and then upgrade it to any version you desire.
This is from my recent experience and I did work the same with RSA support.
As everyone already mentioned it is possible however you need to take care of a few things:
- You must to move the database encryption keys (by default under /home/oracle/security) to the new server. Otherwise all encrypted values (collector/connector/AveksaAdmin passwords) won't work.
- You can only import a database dump from a lower environment to a higher one.
- If the base version is different (7.1.0 to 7.1.1) this will trigger migration on the first startup. You will need to open the UI and AuthorizeMigration to start the migration task.
- After migration (if required) you will need to head to Admin > System > Server Nodes to make sure you set the new server as the SON (and restart again) and delete any unrequired server nodes from the old environment.