How to change hostname to be send to database
RSA IG&L is installed on a host like 'emre.rsa.com'. Target system only accepts hostname 'emre' for incoming connection and resolves it as 'emre.rsa.com'. Formerly that was working but now IG&L sends full name of machine 'emre.rsa.com' to target system and get rejected. Is there a way to manage hostname to be send? Could upgrade of system to 7.1.1 cause to that issue?
Current version is: 184.108.40.206195
Any help would be appreciated.
- Community Thread
- Data Collection
- Forum Thread
- Identity G&L
- Identity Governance & Lifecycle
- RSA Identity
- RSA Identity G&L
- RSA Identity Governance & Lifecycle
- RSA Identity Governance and Lifecycle
- RSA IGL
I mean while a collector is trying to connect a database it has a host name which is emre.rsa.com in that case.
So, database knows a connection is established from emre.rsa.com
The issue is that hostname was just emre before but somehow it became emre.rsa.com.
Got it. I'm not sure how this is picked up, but I have a few ideas.
- If you run the command hostname from an SSH session what do you get?
- If it returns emre.rsa.com. Could you share the contents /etc/HOSTNAME and maybe /etc/resolv.conf
Thanks for quick response Mostafa.
hostname command returns emre.