Error adding Decoder Aggregate Service to Concentrator.
I am adding a new Netwitness device with concentrator and decoder services to my RSA Security Analytics Head Unit.
I have followed the instructions to Administration -> Services -> (check the device) View -> Config -> Add Aggregate Service -> (check the decoder) -> Add username /password, and have tried both enabling and disabling SSL.
When I click "Apply" I receive the error:
Failed to process message add for /concentrator com.rsa.netwitness.carlos.transport. TransportExc eption: Invalid username or password.
(Note, the error above is not a typo. The error states "eption, not option")
I know the admin password is correct on both the device I'm trying to add, and the Head Unit, however I was wondering if there is a secondary password for the services?
I have removed the device and licenses, and tried reapplying, but to no avail.
On the device, in /var/log/messages, it shows the user admin logging in, then it will state admin logging out, not a failed login attempt like what I should be seeing if it truly didn't recognize the password.
Have you changed the password for the "admin" account in the NetWitness UI?
Are you using a new account created in the NetWitness UI?
- When you create a user, or change the password for an account in the UI, the changes are only made in the UI and not on the CORE Services (decoder/Concentrator/Broker). These accounts will work fine for Trusted connections to those services, but will not work when making initial connections between services (aggregation links).
- To Change the password for 'admin' on the core services:
- Administration -> Services -> <core service> View -> Security.
- select the 'admin' account, and under the "gear" dropdown menu, select "change password"
- Enter the new password twice, select all services, and click "Change Password"
- To Create a Core account for use with aggregation links (ex. nwservice):
- Administration -> Services -> <core service> View -> Security
- Click the '+' and name the account
- Fill in the information for the account, select Auth Type 'netwitness' and select either the 'Aggregation' role, or 'Administrators' role. and Click "Apply"
- select the new account from in the left panel, under the "gear" menu, select "replicate"
- Enter the new password twice, select all services, and click "Replicate", this will copy the new account to all the other core services and allow it to be used for inter-device connections.