To secure your SecurID Software tokencode with a PIN you need to choose one of the below Authentication Type in the Software token profile:
- PIN integrated with tokencode (PINPad-style)
- PIN followed by tokencode (Fob-style)
Security Console >> Authentication >> Software Token Profiles >> Add New
Then as soon as the user is assigned a new software token it will be in New PIN mode because your token is not yet associated with a PIN, which is required for two-factor authentication. All new tokens will be in this mode.
To create your own PIN:
- Please go to the self service console or to your agent and authenticate using your NEW token, enter only the token code. Do Not Enter Your Pin.
- You will be prompted to create a new pin.
- Please create a PIN that matches the criteria defined in your SecurID token policy.
- Once a new PIN has been created the system will ask you to authenticate using the PIN and tokencode
In case you are using "PIN integrated with tokencode (PINPad-style)" you will enter the PIN in the Software Token Application to generate a PIN Integrated with tokencode.
And In case you are using "PIN followed by tokencode (Fob-style)" you will enter your PIN followed by your tokencode in the protected resource.
Hope this helps.