Configure the Standard Web Application PortalConfigure the Standard Web Application Portal
SecurID provides a web-based portal that allows users to access available web applications. The page is already configured and requires no customization. It can be used out-of-the-box. This topic describes how to perform optional customization.
Note: Standard portal settings cannot be used in combination with custom portal settings. The Login Page, Portal Page, and Error Page settings can be used only with the custom portal.
Before you begin
- You must be a Super Admin to perform this task.
- The identity router is installed and connected to the Cloud Authentication Service.
- If applicable, Integrated Windows Authentication (IWA) is configured as an identity provider.
- (Optional) Select a custom favicon and custom logo. The favicon is an icon that appears in menu bars, bookmark lists, and document tabs. SecurID provides default files (.ICO) that are stored on the identity router. A custom favicon file must be in PNG format, 48 X 48 pixels, and not exceed 10 KB. The logo file must be in JPG or PNG format, 220 x 80 pixels, and not exceed 50 KB.
Users access the portal using the identity router URL. The identity router then redirects users to the portal page. Users can view this portal using either a desktop or mobile browser. This portal also provides Help documentation for users, including descriptions of authentication methods and browser requirements.
- In the Cloud Administration Console, click Access > Portal Settings.
- Click Standard. This option must be selected when you save the settings.
- In the Page Title field, specify the title of the web page portal.
- In the Company Display Name field, specify the company name that you want users to see on the portal login header page.
In the Portal Sign-In Method section, select Password + Portal Multifactor Authentication Policy if you want to enable step-up authentication for the application portal. Otherwise, keep the default Password Only.
If you select the portal policy option and click Save, SecurID creates the Multifactor Authentication Policy on the Policies page. If you select the Password Only option at a later time, SecurID deletes the portal policy from the Policies page. SecurID creates the portal policy again after you select the portal policy option on this page and click Save.
- In the HTTPS Strict-Transport-Security (HSTS) section, leave Enable selected to force compatible web browsers to interact with the web portal and web applications using only the HTTPS protocol. Otherwise, click Disable.
- In the Favicon field, click Edit Favicon if you want to upload your own favicon for this portal. Navigate to the icon file and select it.
- In the Custom Logo field, click Edit Logo to upload your own logo. Navigate to the icon file and select it.
- In the Default Language field, select a default language for the portal when the user's browser is set to a language that SecurID does not currently support.
- In the User Help Contact field, enter support contact information that you want to provide when users select Contact from the portal drop-down menu. For example, specify a phone number or email address.
- Click Save.
- (Optional). Click Publish Changes if you want to activate the settings immediately.
Note: HSTS blocks users from accessing application pages without a valid, trusted certificate that supports the application domain.