RSA Software token in Live & Test environment
I am really struggling to find a way to get the same software token to work both in our Live and Test environment which is installed on a Blackberry device.
I can get the hard tokens to work without any issue, but the software tokens are being a right pain.
- Authentication SDK
- Mobile Authentication SDK
- Mobile SDK
- RSA SecurID
- RSA SecurID Access
Can you provide more details, like:
1) What is the BB version?
2) What is the AM version?
3) Are you seeing any errors? What are they?
4) Are you using the same distribution from one environment on both environments?
Each time a software token is distributed a new seed is generated, so you will not be able to export a software token from two different servers and have one work on the other.
There are two options.
- Generate software tokens on the both systems, and import them into the software token. A single software token application can manage multiple tokens.
- Export the user and token from one deployment and import them into another. In the Security Console, take a look at the "Administration -> Export / Import Tokens and Users" menu. You'll perform the following steps:
- Generate an encryption key on the test (destination) server.
- Bring the encryption key generated in the previous step and export the user and token from the production (source) server.
- Import the user and token to the test server.