The RSA Identity Governance and Lifecycle Business Role Manager (BRM) module extends the capabilities of the RSA Identity Governance and Lifecycle (IGL) product to include the ability to group users and entitlements into roles. This on-demand learning course provides an overview of BRM components, how they are configured, and how they assist an identity governance and lifecycle program. Topics include terminology, configuration, and role mining options to tailor the module to an organization’s needs. Demonstrations illustrate the tasks involved in configuring, maintaining, and utilizing the Business Role Manager module.
RSA Identity Governance and Lifecycle Identity administrators, implementers and other technical users who need to configure, administer, or support the RSA Business Role Manager module.
On-Demand Lab (self-paced eLearning with Lab)
Note: RSA University’s virtual lab environment is provided for 10 hours of overall practice time over a 14-day period.
Accessing the Lab Environment
Lab exercises are performed in the RSA University virtual lab environment. The downloadable Lab Guide provides detailed instructions on access the environment. For more information please view the document Access RSA University Virtual Labs – available on the RSA University site: RSA University Content
Students are encouraged to have completed or have equivalent knowledge obtained from the RSA Identity Governance and Lifecycle Administration course.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants should be able to:
• Understand the functionality and capabilities of the Business Role Manager module
• Understand Business Role Manager terminology
• Understand the differences between business and technical roles
• Create and configure role sets
• Create, configure and manage roles
• Discover roles and entitlements
• Define role membership rules
• Manage organization roles for compliance to best practice principles
Business Role Manager Overview
• BRM Features
• Definition of a Role
• Benefits of using Roles in Access Governance
• Difference between Business Roles and Technical Roles