Announcements

SecurID® Discussions

Browse the SecurID discussion board to get product help and collaborate with other SecurID users.
KeithLeidy
New Contributor
New Contributor

Authentication Manager 8.2 SP1 Patching

Jump to solution

I'm currently on 8.2.1.2.0.  I noticed there is web-tier patch 2 available.  I don't have any instances of web-tier created on my authentication server.  Should I bother running the web-tier patches?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
EdwardDavis
Employee
Employee

No need for web tier 'anything' if you don't have a web tier running.

If you do have a Web Tier....Web Tiers are patched by one, or another method. Push, or reinstall.

a) If the patch is a minor adjustment, you can typically patch the primary RSA server, then go to the operations console and 'update Web Tier' to push the changes out to the Web Tier.

b) If a more major component on a Web Tier is being patched, we release a separate 'Web Tier patch' but it actually is a full Web Tier installation package. Patch primary system first (and replicas) then uninstall the Web Tier, and reinstall with the newest Web Tier update package.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
EdwardDavis
Employee
Employee

No need for web tier 'anything' if you don't have a web tier running.

If you do have a Web Tier....Web Tiers are patched by one, or another method. Push, or reinstall.

a) If the patch is a minor adjustment, you can typically patch the primary RSA server, then go to the operations console and 'update Web Tier' to push the changes out to the Web Tier.

b) If a more major component on a Web Tier is being patched, we release a separate 'Web Tier patch' but it actually is a full Web Tier installation package. Patch primary system first (and replicas) then uninstall the Web Tier, and reinstall with the newest Web Tier update package.

Thanks for the help. I wasn’t sure. Our authentication server hasn’t been patched at all since we got 8.2 SP1 in January 2018.

Keith Leidy

Network Engineer

Data Processing Department

St. Clair County, Illinois

Office 618.825.2287

Fax 618.277.9335

keith.leidy@co.st-clair.il.us

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The information contained in this email (and in any accompanying documents) is covered by the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C. Section 2510-2521, is legally privileged and may constitute confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this email or any attachment is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email communication in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the message from your system.

0 Likes