Announcements

SecurID® Discussions

Browse the SecurID discussion board to get product help and collaborate with other SecurID users.
LUISMOYA
New Contributor
New Contributor

failure to authenticate with rsa secureid

Hi,

The system has been working properly, but since yesterday morning it is failing. No one can authenticate with RSA. If I reboot the server, it lets me authenticate with RSA once, but then it fails again.

What I can see on the console is:

* RSA SecurID user authentication failed - Request timed out.
* SECURID
* AMPrincipalName:xxx.xxx; Cause:SecurID authentication timed out; Mode:null

What could be happening?

We use the system with Fortinet and LDAP AD-

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Reply
StevenSpicer
Valued Contributor Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

If your system is down and no one can authenticate you should really open a support case right away.  The support phone numbers are listed here: https://community.rsa.com/docs/DOC-1294 

In the meantime: is the outage limited to Fortinet, or are all applications' SecurID authentications timing out? Has there been a firewall change between Fortinet and the RSA servers? If you ssh into the RSA servers, does the command $ /opt/rsa/am/server/rsaserv status show the services as running?  Does the authentication monitor (in the Securit Console) show the authentication requests arriving?

It seems odd that the first authentication after a reboot (may we assume you are rebooting the Fortinet server?) works and all the following ones time out.

0 Likes