Announcements

SecurID® Discussions

Browse the SecurID discussion board to get product help and collaborate with other SecurID users.
msg9
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Fixed Passcodes - Increased Length and Complexity Option?

Jump to solution

Hopped on today to look into length and complexity options for fixed passcodes.  I see the options in policy, but there's not enough here to offer the security we'd like.  We'd like to use this for service accounts, for example.

I saw in another post from 2020 there may be a request for enhancement in for this.
https://community.rsa.com/t5/securid-discussions/can-i-change-the-maximum-lenght-for-a-fixed-passcode-in-am-8-4/m-p/501920

Is this in the works?

Are there any other options/suggestions to achieve same?

Ideally we'd like the options to increase the length and add special character complexity.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
EricaChalfin
Moderator Moderator

@msg9,

Yes, voting for an idea in the Idea Exchange is the best way to let Product Management know that there is a demand for an enhancement for potential inclusion in a future release.  That said, be sure to upvote this request for a 16-digit fixed passcode.

Best regards,
Erica

View solution in original post

1 Reply
EricaChalfin
Moderator Moderator

@msg9,

Yes, voting for an idea in the Idea Exchange is the best way to let Product Management know that there is a demand for an enhancement for potential inclusion in a future release.  That said, be sure to upvote this request for a 16-digit fixed passcode.

Best regards,
Erica