Announcements

SecurID® Discussions

Browse the SecurID discussion board to get product help and collaborate with other SecurID users.
SumitKumar4
Beginner
Beginner

Full backup restore to 8.4 version from 8.3 version

Jump to solution

Hello Team,

We are planning to create a new setup in new DMZ for 8.4 version.

if i am taking a full backup on old setup which is 8.3 version and deploying it on 8.4 version , will it work and what issues i might run into?

Thanks,

Sumit

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
EdwardDavis
Employee
Employee

Backup and restore is version specific, and only the exact same patch version that created the backup can import a backup. So, 8.3.0.5.0 can import a backup made from an 8.3.0.5.0, but not from 8.4.0.2.0 or 8.3.0.4.0 for example.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
SrirangaPrasan1
Employee
Employee

Hi Sumit, 

The use case of restore of backup from AM 8.3 to AM 8.4 would not work and is not recommended too.

So either you can upgrade your setup running AM 8.3 to AM 8.4 and then take a backup and you can use that backup to restore to the new AM 8.4 

(or)

Setup a new AM 8.3 --> Restore the backup to new AM 8.3 and then upgrade to AM 8.4

-Sri

EdwardDavis
Employee
Employee

Backup and restore is version specific, and only the exact same patch version that created the backup can import a backup. So, 8.3.0.5.0 can import a backup made from an 8.3.0.5.0, but not from 8.4.0.2.0 or 8.3.0.4.0 for example.

SumitKumar4
Beginner
Beginner

Thanks Ed and Sri for quick response.

0 Likes
JayGuillette
Apprised Contributor Apprised Contributor
Apprised Contributor

This feature to allow older version backups to be imported or restored into newer versions of Authentication Manager - at the strong urging of Customer Support - was on the feature list for AM 8.4, but was scrapped at the last minute due to schedule and other issues.  I can't find a Jira Bug associated with this feature, but that is not really important anymore, instead you might want to add this to the RSA Link Authentication Manager Ideas list so it can be voted up but customer.

https://community.rsa.com/community/products/securid/ideas 

Everyone in Support will vote for it too.

0 Likes