Announcements

SecurID® Discussions

Browse the SecurID discussion board to get product help and collaborate with other SecurID users.
KeithPoirier
New Contributor
New Contributor

New Hardware Appliance and RHEL 8.5

Jump to solution

All,

We've recently purchased a new hardware running RSA AM 8.5 and I'm trying to get it to authenticate a Linux box running RHEL8.5 using the PAM-Agent_v8.1.3.139.04_19_21_01_39_13 and the restful interface.  I believe I've covered all the steps needed but when trying to login to a user account, It asks for the password first and instead of asking for the passcode next, it repeats asking for the password.  in tailing the /var/ace/log/mfa_rest.log, I see:

credentialValidationResults":[{"methodId":"SECURID","methodResponseCode":"FAIL","methodReasonCode":"VERIFY_ERROR","authnAttributes":[]}],"attemptResponseCode":"FAIL","attemptReasonCode":"VERIFY_ERROR","challengeMethods":{"challenges":[]}}

Probably something I missed but perhaps it's because I'm using RHEL8.5 (I didn't see it on the approved list). 

Thanks for any pointers to resolve.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KeithPoirier
New Contributor
New Contributor

I think I've got this working properly now after removing/redoing the PAM install plus verifying all the other file changes. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies
KeithPoirier
New Contributor
New Contributor

I think I've got this working properly now after removing/redoing the PAM install plus verifying all the other file changes. 

@KeithPoirier,

Glad to hear you got it up and running!

Best regards,
Erica
0 Likes