Announcements

SecurID® Discussions

Browse the SecurID discussion board to get product help and collaborate with other SecurID users.
MohammadAmeenu1
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

RSA Authentication Manager 8.4 vs 8.5

Jump to solution

Hi Guys,

I am new to this space and looking for clear differences between AM 8.4 and 8.5 at one place. We planning to migrate from 8.3 hardware appliance to 8.4 or 8.5 based  on evaluation. 

Please let me know if we have any where clear comparison in one page.

Any assistance on this is much appreciated.

Thanks

Mo

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Have a look at this

Authentication Methods for Cloud Authentication Service Users 

and this

https://community.rsa.com/docs/DOC-105602 

Depending what you already own, e.g. Authentication Manager ver. 8.4 or 8.5, you might need to obtain access to the Cloud Authentication Service, CAS, for Biometric and Click to Approve authentication, so you would want to talk to Sales and a Sales Engineer to plan out how that would integrate at your site.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
FrecoWong
Contributor
Contributor

I use 8.4 SP7 around a year with 2x hardware & 9x VMs (1x primary, 10x replica), from my view must latest version to be installed due to vulnerability fixes & longer EOL.

BR,
Freco Wong
JayGuillette
Apprised Contributor Apprised Contributor
Apprised Contributor

AM 8.5 has some newer features for the SecurID Access Cloud, which uses the Identity Router, IDR.  AM integrates with the Cloud Authentication Service, CAS for authentication features like Click to Approve Notification on your phone, or Biometrics.

If you are using AM 8.3 without a connection to Access / Cloud, you could update to either AM 8.4 P14 with Security Hot Fix or AM 8.5 P2 for the latest vulnerability fixes to AM

Thanks Jay,

Could you please send me a breakdown of how biometrics works on 8.5?

We are looking for an example,

1.Could this be used as an engine to authenticate customized Mobile apps by users (or)

2. Is it only meant for use as auth in combination with the PIN after that in the RSA secureID app?

Also do we have any document or video around Biometrics usage in 8.5?

Thanks

Mo

0 Likes

Have a look at this

Authentication Methods for Cloud Authentication Service Users 

and this

https://community.rsa.com/docs/DOC-105602 

Depending what you already own, e.g. Authentication Manager ver. 8.4 or 8.5, you might need to obtain access to the Cloud Authentication Service, CAS, for Biometric and Click to Approve authentication, so you would want to talk to Sales and a Sales Engineer to plan out how that would integrate at your site.

Thanks

0 Likes