Announcements

SecurID® Discussions

Browse the SecurID discussion board to get product help and collaborate with other SecurID users.
JochenHoffmann
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

RSA DB Import / Export Command available?

Hi All, 

beside our RSA AM 8.4 p14 PROD environment, we've got another one separated from PROD (the two Primary servers aren't able to "see" each other as there's dedicated networks). We like to have a possibility to export Tokens, Users and Token Assignments from PROD environment and to import that data to the second (QA) environment. Preferably by cron Job / command line. Til now, I wasn't able to find anything able to do that job.

And yes, I do know the manual export / import function and so backup & restore. We'd like to have it the automated way though and the database export / import will do the trick, in case we can automate it.  

Thanks in advance - cheers, 

Jochen.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
3 Replies
EdwardDavis
Employee
Employee

The admin API has the same functionality you can use in the Security Console for export/import users and tokens, so you could write your own code to do this using these classes

Package com.rsa.authmgr.admin.exportimport

• Class Summary 
    ClassDescription
    DownloadExportPkgCommand
    Download the exported tokens (or users with their tokens) to a file on the client machine.
    ExportIdentitySourceInfoDTO
    Thin DTO object to hold information about identity sources.
    ExportInfoDTO
    Contains information about a successful tokens and users export, such as the export file name, number of tokens and (optionally) number of users exported.
    GenerateSecureExportPkgCommand
    Generates a Security Package used to export tokens to a file that is securely encrypted.
    ImportInfoDTO
    Contains information about tokens (and optionally users) collected during the import process.
    PreImportInfoDTO
    Contains information required for user input, prior to performing an Import.
    VerifyImportFileAndFetchPreImportDataCommand
    Verifies the integrity of the import file and fetches the data required prior to performing an actual import.
0 Likes
JayGuillette
Apprised Contributor Apprised Contributor
Apprised Contributor

As Ed indicates, trying to do anything direct with postgres sql would be risky because it's not supported, but the Admin API is supported and could be used to do something, which could then possibly be scheduled in cron.

Possible variation on this might be a VMware replica in Production, which would be isolated from the agents as a kind of real-time backup of the primary.  Then you could clone it, deploy in QA and promote.

0 Likes
DarrenGaunt2
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi - I know it's been a year since this thread was opened, but did you get the exported package downloaded off the server? 

I have exactly the same requirement, exporting from production to a test environment.

I've got the export package created, but I cannot see how DownloadExportPkgCommand saves the file off as there seems to be no option to specify file save location and name.

I've contacted our DSE, but there seems to be no example working code she can give me.

Thanks,

Darren

0 Likes