Announcements

SecurID® Discussions

Browse the SecurID discussion board to get product help and collaborate with other SecurID users.
WayneOrndorff
Beginner
Beginner

RSA SecurID token software for MAC

Jump to solution

We've been using the RSA SecurID token software for out tokens on our Windows system without issue.  I tried to find the same software for the two MAC systems we have.  All I can find is the version with Automation and it appears our tokens don't work with that software.  Where can I find the version without Automation for MAC systems?  Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Wayne Orndorff,

Some additonal information for you.

We do not have a RSA SecurID Software Token for Mac OS X download without automation.  As noted on page 11 of the RSA SecurID Software Token with Automation 4.1.2 for Windows and Mac OS X Administrator's Guide (emphasis added),

The following features are not provided with this release:

• The Standard version of the application (without Automation).
  • Web browser plug-on for Firefox (FirefoxPlugin)
  • RSA SecurID Trusted Platform Mobile Smart Card Plug-In 1.0
  • VpnMode custom policy
  • STOPVISTABROWSER command line property

When you say the token is not working on the Macs in your office, what issue are your end users having and what error shows in your authentication activity logs?  Through what device are your users authenticating (firewall, VPN, etc.).  What make/model?

Regards,

Erica

View solution in original post

4 Replies
_EricaChalfin
Employee (Retired) Employee (Retired)
Employee (Retired)

Wayne Orndorff‌,

I've moved your question to the https://community.rsa.com/community/products/securid?sr=search&searchId=2a72d3ab-e292-4bb1-8317-d7d418f36313&searchIndex=0 space where it will be seen by the product's support engineers, other customers and partners.  Please bookmark this page and use it when you have product-specific questions.

Alternatively, from the https://community.rsa.com/community/support?sr=search&searchId=7d08046d-39b7-4bbb-8624-4d5f3afbb943&searchIndex=0 page, click on Ask A Question on the blue navigation bar and choose Ask A Product Related Question.  From there, scroll to https://community.rsa.com/community/products/securid?sr=search&searchId=e21b116c-d6ec-4772-a6fc-55f3fafb2fd7&searchIndex=0 and click Ask A Question.  That way your question will appear in the correct space.

Regards,

Erica

0 Likes

Wayne Orndorff,

Some additonal information for you.

We do not have a RSA SecurID Software Token for Mac OS X download without automation.  As noted on page 11 of the RSA SecurID Software Token with Automation 4.1.2 for Windows and Mac OS X Administrator's Guide (emphasis added),

The following features are not provided with this release:

• The Standard version of the application (without Automation).
  • Web browser plug-on for Firefox (FirefoxPlugin)
  • RSA SecurID Trusted Platform Mobile Smart Card Plug-In 1.0
  • VpnMode custom policy
  • STOPVISTABROWSER command line property

When you say the token is not working on the Macs in your office, what issue are your end users having and what error shows in your authentication activity logs?  Through what device are your users authenticating (firewall, VPN, etc.).  What make/model?

Regards,

Erica

When I try to import the token onto the MAC, I get the following error:

Device intended for this token not found. Token import failed. Connect the device or contact your administrator.

In all our Windows PCs we don’t use Automation and can import the token into the Windows app without automation and it works fine. For the Software token profile I have created for my MAC users, I only have two device type choices. They are Desktop MAC 4.0 or Desktop MAC 4.x. There is no choice for MAC with Automation like there is for Windows. I guess I either need to know how to get the device profile for Automation for the MAC or the software that doesn’t expect Automation. Thanks.

Wayne Orndorff

0 Likes

Wayne Orndorff‌,

The message "Device intended for this token not found" is related to a device binding issue and not token automation. This error will display when the DeviceSerialNumber of the token assigned to the user does not match the DeviceSerialNumber of the Mac.  Try clearing the DeviceSerialNumber field while you are distributing the token to the user and trying again.

If that does not resolve your issue, I would recommend that you Contact RSA Customer Support  and open a new case for assistance from a support engineer.

Regards,

Erica

0 Likes