Secure Connection failed: After quick-setup unable to open any of the console
After installation of AM 8.1, I run the quick-setup from browser. Everything works fine till quick-setup. After that when I am trying to open any of the console using https://fqdn/sc or https://ip-address:7004/console-ims getting error.
Secure Connection Failed
Error code: SSL_ERROR_ILLEGAL_PARAMETER_ALERT
This site can't provide a secure connection
ip-address sent an invalid response
What I can understand from this is, there is conflict in tls connection.
Please suggest the resolution.
- authentication manager .81
- Cloud Auth
- Cloud Authentication
- Cloud Authentication Service
- Community Thread
- Forum Thread
- RSA SecurID
- RSA SecurID Access
- ssl error
AM 8.1 only supports SSLv3 and TLSv1.0.
TLSv1.2 was not supported until AM 8.1 SP1 P3, so try enabling TLS1.0 in your browser advanced settings.
Take a look at this KB article
Fast answer requiring no special browser tweaks.
1) Find a copy of 'firefox portable' version 35 or lower. This allows you to just launch the .exe... it doesn't install.
2) Verify the source and integrity of the download and virus scan it, etc. Make sure the one you grabbed is ok.
3) Firefox version 35 and lower will have zero issues and need zero config changes to connect.
4) once you patch up to 8.1 sp1 patch 2 or higher, the browser cipher issues are resolved.