Standard agent does not speak with RSA AM 8.1
Authentication Activity monitor shows no communication between the RSA agent and RSA AM.
RSA Agent was working fine before...have no idea about any changes that caused the problem.
If I compare with other instances on separate environnment, I noticed that RSA AM listen on ports 5550 and 5580.
This is not the case on the defect environment.
We have only one instance (no replica).
All RSA AM services are up, but something seems to be sleeping...a service on RSA AM that does not listen on port 5550 and 55580.
We have no Firewall between the agent and the RSA AM. The Windows firewall is unactive on the agent side.
We have RSA AM 8.1 .
- Auth Agent
- Auth Manager
- auth mgr
- Authentication Agent
- Authentication Manager
- Community Thread
- Forum Thread
- RSA SecurID
- RSA SecurID Access
- Is only one agent failing to authenticate or multiple agents? Which agent(s) are you testing? We have several options:
- The Microsoft Windows agent,
- Web agents for both IIS and for Apache,
- A PAM agent,
- An agent for AD FS, and
- An agent for Citrix StoreFront?
- Please provide the type of agent as well as the version number. Also, are you using native SecurID or RADIUS as the authentication protocol?
- How many IP addresses does the agent machine have? Did you configure an IP address override in the agent interface or in the sdopts.rec file?
- You mentioned that the agent was working fine before. Before what? Was the agent upgraded or your server? What other change(s) happened?
- Authentication Manager and the agent communicate on 5550TCP for agent auto registration, your agents use DHCP to get their IP address, and on 5580TCP for communication regarding offline authentication.
- For a normal authentication, we use 5500UDP. Please confirm that this port is open. If you are not seeing the authentication attempt in the authentication activity monitor, you can enable agent logging and provide the log files to RSA support for review.
I'd suggest enabling tracing on the agent but the process is different for each agent, so I will wait on that until you reply.