Announcements

SecurID® Discussions

Browse the SecurID discussion board to get product help and collaborate with other SecurID users.
ChristopherStan
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Test Authentication fails

Jump to solution

I am having problems with testing authentication on a Windows 10 workstation.  I have successfully deployed my appliances and they are configured properly.  I have assigned tokens and users have setup PINs properly.  I can test the passcode at the appliance's self-service console and it works properly.  Additionally, I am navigating to the self-service console using the browser on the Windows 10 workstation that fails using the Test Authentication link from within its installed RSA Control Center.  Am I missing something?  Are there some troubleshooting steps I can follow before I open a trouble case?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
EdwardDavis
Employee
Employee

What does the real time activity log show when you perform the test (don't reveal actual usernames here) in full ?

*if it's  'auth_method_failed'

then try setting an override address [which is the IP address the windows machine uses to reach the RSA Auth Manager server] and try again. In my example I am using auto-registration so it's greyed out.

pastedImage_1.png

View solution in original post

3 Replies
EdwardDavis
Employee
Employee

What does the real time activity log show when you perform the test (don't reveal actual usernames here) in full ?

*if it's  'auth_method_failed'

then try setting an override address [which is the IP address the windows machine uses to reach the RSA Auth Manager server] and try again. In my example I am using auto-registration so it's greyed out.

pastedImage_1.png

ChristopherStan
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I ended up upgrading to RSA Control Center 7.4.2 and that resolved my problems.  Thanks Edward Davis for your suggestions!

0 Likes

Hi Edward,

Similar to this subject i have an issue while testing Token in the RSA Self Service Portal. i also posted on my existing case asking Jay, because I couldn't create a new case for my clarification in RSA, where it throws error as Single Sign On_i tried to register but no luck.

Actually the problem is i wanted to know about the Authentication Failed error reason which pops after trying to Test your Token using Pin followed by Passcode in the RSA Self Service portal after scanning the QR Code and replacing a new One.

We received this error frequently and not sure of the reason. Need your help on this.

0 Likes