Upgrade from 8.1 to 8.2.1
I am trying to upgrade my VMware Authentication Manager 8.1 appliance to 8.2.1. When I download the 8.2 iso, it tells me that I need 8.1 SP1 to be installed. I can't find that download anywhere, except as a Hyper-V appliance. Anyone have advice on how to proceed with this?
- Auth Manager
- Authentication Manager
- Community Thread
- Forum Thread
- RSA Authentication Manager
- RSA SecurID
- RSA SecurID Access
OP, same as me, need the intermediate files for vmware to follow the mandated upgrade path (8.1.0 P x to 220.127.116.11 to 8.2.1 P01), not the final 8.2 files. Those are readily available but the other is not.
As the upgrade document says in the prerequisites section:
If the authentication server is currently running Authentication Manager 8.1, either with a base installation or Authentication Manager 8.1 with patches prior to SP1, install the Authentication Manager 8.1 SP1 upgrade patch prior to installing the latest patch for 8.1 SP1
I understand that the '8.1 SP1 upgrade patch' is the SP1 base file version 18.104.22.168.0. Is this correct?
Can you point us to the right place, please?. Thanks.
Thanks for your prompt reply. I really appreciate it. Yes that is the file that I managed to find some seconds ago so now we have solved the first step. Thanks for your pointer that confirms that the file I found is the right one.
Now I am in the quest for the AM 22.214.171.124 (not the SP1 file but the base file as stated in the three steps procedure to upgrade from 8.1 to 8.2 SPx:
RSA Authentication Manager 8.2 SP1
Existing RSA Authentication Manager (AM) 8.1 customers must perform a three-stage upgrade process. You must first patch your version to AM 8.1 SP1, then upgrade to AM 8.2. Once you have migrated to AM 8.2, you can then proceed to AM 8.2 SP1.
000034558 - How to download RSA Authentication Manager 8.x full kits and service packs from RSA Link shows you how to download Authentication Manager 8.2 upgrade. I need to revise the screen caps (I'll do that this afternoon!), but the information is still correct.
- From the RSA SecurID Suite space, hover over Downloads > RSA Authentication Manager and click on RSA Authentication Manager 8.2.
- Click the green Version Upgrades button.
- On the My Products page, click on the Upgrade link for RSA Authentication Manager.
- Review the download information and click Continue.
- Select RSA Authentication Manager 8.2 and lower from the list and click Submit.
- Click Continue to be redirected to RSA Download Central:
- Hover over the three parallel lines and click on Product List:
- On the Archive tab, click on the link for RSA Authentication Manager Version Upgrade V8.2. T
- On the Files tab, click on the download(s) you need. Here, you can choose from the following, depending on your environment:
- RSA Authentication Manager 8.2 Extras (rsa-am-extras-126.96.36.199.0.zip). This file contains the RSA Authentication Manager Bulk Admin (AMBA), custom RSA integration scripts, the RSA Authentication Manager SDK developer's guide, node secret utility, RSA Authentication Manager SDK, security question samples, TAC PLUS and the web tier installation files.
- RSA Authentication Manager 8.2 Hardware Appliance (rsa-am-hardware-appliance-188.8.131.52.0.zip). Full installation of RSA Authentication Manager 8.2 running on Dell or Intel hardware.
- RSA Authentication Manager 8.2 Hyper-V Virtual Appliance (rsa-am-hyper-v-virtual-appliance-184.108.40.206.0.zip). Full installation of RSA Authentication Manager 8.2running on a Hyper-V virtual appliance.
- RSA Authentication Manager 8.2 Update (rsa-am-update-220.127.116.11.0.zip). Update files needed to upgrade to RSA Authentication Manager 8.2.
- RSA Authentication Manager 8.2 VMware Virtual Appliance (rsa-am-vmware-virtual-appliance-18.104.22.168.0.zip). Full installation of RSA Authentication Manager 8.2 running on a VMware virtual appliance.
I tried to find some answers for my question regarding my issue, but was not successful.
1. If I want to go from 8.1.1 to 8.2.1. Do I need to save the licenses somewhere in case something went wrong and I want to fall back.
2. If yes Where I can find those licenses. and how to save them.
3. same question about the token licenses.
4. are all those licenses stored in the backup I am willing to take.
Cheers and Thanks.
The link for How to download RSA Authentication Manager 8.x full kits and service packs from RSA Link has been moved to https://community.rsa.com/t5/securid-access-knowledge-base/how-to-download-rsa-authentication-manager-8-x-full-kits-and/ta-p/110