Announcements

SecurID® Discussions

Browse the SecurID discussion board to get product help and collaborate with other SecurID users.
ChristopherStan
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Upgrade path to 8.6

I am currently running RSA Am 8.4P13.  Is there a document that describes an upgrade path to the latest 8.6?  Additionally, I'm looking for the correct authentication agent for the MS Windows systems in my network.  I am running the RSA Authentication Agent 7.4.4.204.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
3 Replies
StevenSpicer
Valued Contributor Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Start by reading the 8.6 Setup and Config Guide -- it tells you that you must upgrade to 8.5 before applying 8.6.

If you currently use any RADIUS, make sure you read and re-read the RADIUS sections, especially if you think you don't need to.  Lots of new stuff. the doc refers to it as a migration, not an update.

JochenK
Occasional Contributor Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Wrt the Windows Agent. Check out the MFA Windows-Agent Admin Guide. https://community.rsa.com/t5/securid-mfa-agent-for-microsoft/tkb-p/mfa-agent-windows-documentation . The MFA Windows Agents works with Authentication Manager as well as the Cloud Authentication Service. It covers almost all the capabilities of the old 7.4.x agents, provides extra features incl. better security.