Announcements

SecurID® Discussions

Browse the SecurID discussion board to get product help and collaborate with other SecurID users.
ChristopherStan
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

What does this error mean? User "test-rsa" attempted to authenticate using authenticator "SecurID_Native". The user belongs to security domain "SystemDomain"

Jump to solution

I just loaded a MS 2019 server.  I have RSA Authentication Agent 7.4.3 running on it.  My appliance is running 8.4P6.  Please help.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
_EricaChalfin
Employee (Retired) Employee (Retired)
Employee (Retired)

Christopher Stanford‌,

I've moved your question to the RSA SecurID Access" data-type="space space where it will be seen by the product's support engineers, other customers and partners.  Please bookmark this page and use it when you have product-specific questions.

Alternatively, from the RSA Customer Support" data-type="space page, click on Ask A Question on the blue navigation bar and choose Ask A Product Related Question.  From there, scroll to RSA SecurID Access" data-type="space and click Ask A Question.  That way your question will appear in the correct space.

+ + + 

The message you reported (User "test-rsa" attempted to authenticate using authenticator "SecurID_Native". The user belongs to security domain "SystemDomain") is not an error.  It is a report of authentication activity.  It states that your test-rsa user used a native SecurID authenticator (that is, a hardware or software token) and that the test-rsa user is a member of the SystemDomain.    To see if there is a failure or error with the authentication, you would see that in the Reason column to the right.  In the Reason column, you'd see messages like Passcode Accepted, Authentication method failed, or other messages.

Regards,

Erica

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
_EricaChalfin
Employee (Retired) Employee (Retired)
Employee (Retired)

Christopher Stanford‌,

I've moved your question to the RSA SecurID Access" data-type="space space where it will be seen by the product's support engineers, other customers and partners.  Please bookmark this page and use it when you have product-specific questions.

Alternatively, from the RSA Customer Support" data-type="space page, click on Ask A Question on the blue navigation bar and choose Ask A Product Related Question.  From there, scroll to RSA SecurID Access" data-type="space and click Ask A Question.  That way your question will appear in the correct space.

+ + + 

The message you reported (User "test-rsa" attempted to authenticate using authenticator "SecurID_Native". The user belongs to security domain "SystemDomain") is not an error.  It is a report of authentication activity.  It states that your test-rsa user used a native SecurID authenticator (that is, a hardware or software token) and that the test-rsa user is a member of the SystemDomain.    To see if there is a failure or error with the authentication, you would see that in the Reason column to the right.  In the Reason column, you'd see messages like Passcode Accepted, Authentication method failed, or other messages.

Regards,

Erica

0 Likes
StevenSpicer
Valued Contributor Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

By itself, that's not an error.  You'll see that with both successful and failed authentication attempts.  By the way, "SecurID_Native" means a passcode.  "SystemDomain" is the default Security Domain, which is where things pile up if they aren't explicitly assigned to a different Security Domain.

0 Likes