Often there are situations where we need to add a JDBC driver jar file or modify a JSP page to RSA VIA L&G. Prior or VIA L&G 7.0, one could modify the deployed EAR file to achieve this objective. With Wildfly, the way applications are deployed is quite different. The following article explain a process of customizing and deploying RSA VIA L&G archive on Wildfly.
This section describes the process for repackaging aveksa.ear file. For the purpose of demonstration we will add jTDS jar file to the package.
1. SSH to the IMG appliance as root
2. Create a new folder
3. Unzip the latest aveksa.ear found under /home/oracle/archive to /tmp/aveksa_ear.
If the server is patched or updated pick the most recent one.
unzip -q -X /home/oracle/archive/aveksa_7.0.0_93958_P01-2016-May-26-15.29.ear -d /tmp/aveksa_ear
4. Copy the jTDS jar file the local agent location /tmp/aveksa_ear/APP-INF/lib
5. Repackage the aveksa_ear directory to create the aveksa.ear file which can be deployed. The generated EAR file will be placed under /tmp directory.
zip /tmp/aveksa.ear * -qru
6. The next step is to deploy the repackaged aveksa.ear using the JBoss CLI utility.
/home/oracle/wildfly/bin/jboss-cli.sh -c --command="deploy /tmp/aveksa.ear --force"
Ensure that ACM service is running before you run this command.
7. Restart the ACM server
service aveksa_server restart
8. Copy the EAR file to archives folder and delete the temporary directory /tmp/aveksa_ear/
mv /tmp/aveksa.ear /home/oracle/archive/aveksa_7.0.0_93958_P01-2016-May-26-15.29_PATCHED.ear
9. Update the archive repository file wildfly_deployment.properties under /home/oracle/archive to reflect the EAR file that was patched.
This step is important to ensure that this EAR file is picked up for redeployment as well as for future patching.
That's it ! Once customized, this approach will ensure future patches will pick the updated EAR file and hence you won't lose your customization.
Note : Once a patch has been applied, the existence of the custom files added to APP-INF/lib can be verified under the directory /home/oracle/wildfly/standalone/tmp/vfs/deployment/deploymentxxxxxxxxx
Note : Once a patch has been applied, the existence of the custom files added to aveksa.war can be verified under the directory /home/oracle/wildfly/standalone/tmp/vfs/temp/temp*/content*/contents/aveksa.war
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.