RSA Product Set: RSA Identity Governance & Lifecycle
RSA Version/Condition: 7.0.2, 7.1.0
If Out Of Office is set for any supervisor and that supervisor is part of another level approval, then even if the delegator is taking action on first level, the same task is being assigned to the delegator and supervisor again.
Steps to reproduce
Both the out of the box Supervisor approval workflow and Asset Business Owner workflow exclude previous approvers by default.
- In the Delegated approvals with default, set the Resource Approvals node to approve entitlements and approles using Asset Business Owner approval.
- Now raise an Out Of Office request for a supervisor and delegate his items to another user.
- Set the supervisor as the business owner for an application.
- Now raise a request to add access to a user whose supervisor is the one for whom we set out of office in Step 3, and also the supervisor is the business owner for the requested application access.
- Request assigns to delegate user for supervisor approval.
- Once the delegate user approves as supervisor, the request again creates an item for Asset owner approval and assigns it to him again.
Since the approval workflows has Exclude previous approver set, the Asset owner approval should have been completed automatically.
This is a bug. In case of multiple approvals with previous approver excluded configuration in the workflow and delegator (supervisor) configured as business owner, a previously approved user's supervisor is not included in the subsequent approvals for auto completion. Due to that, the supervisor is included in subsequent asset business owner approval activity for manual approval.
This is fixed in 7.0.2 P07 and 7.1 0 P01
Deploy patch 7.0.2 P07 or 7.1.0, respectively to have this issue fixed.