New Feature: Importing Local Role Hierarchies
- Subscribe to RSS Feed
- Mark as New
- Mark as Read
- Printer Friendly Page
- Report Inappropriate Content
The RSA Identity Governance & Lifecycle version 7.5 release introduces a new Local Role Hierarchy Import feature. This will allow you to now use a CSV file to Add or Remove Roles as role entitlements from other roles and significantly reduce previous manual efforts by optimizing role hierarchy/nesting. The parent roles must be a Local role in the application (Business, Technical, or Global Role types), while the child entitlement role can be a collected or local role.
The CSV file requires a header with the following values:
When the system processes the import CSV file the following constraints apply:
- This will match the role names in the file to a Role's Raw Name.
- The parent role must be a role that is created in the application (local) or it will be rejected.
- A new relationship cannot be added if it causes a circular reference.
- The role must exist in the role set listed in the file.
- A role cannot be changed if it is currently being changed.
- The Add_Remove attribute must be an “A” or “R”.
- When Adding a relationship, it must not exist.
- When Removing a relationship, it must exist.
- When there are two records in a file on that tries to Add and another that tries to Remove the same relationship, both are rejected.
- While the process will reject records that don’t meet the above restrictions it will process any records that do meet all restrictions.
New Menu Item to Import Local Role Hierarchy
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.