Zendesk Fulfillment for RSA Governance and Lifecycle : A Working Example
- Subscribe to RSS Feed
- Mark as New
- Mark as Read
- Printer Friendly Page
- Report Inappropriate Content
Step-by-Step for integrating RSA Governance and Lifestyle with Zendesk for fulfillment via Zendesk requests
Since workflow REST node does not support JSON yet, we need a workaround. Let's go crazy !
Disclaimer: This example is NOT officially supported yet by RSA, and should be used only for demonstration purpose or in a test environment.
Here are the steps:
0. Extend the schema for Change Request;
- Copy this testsql5.sh under /home/oracle/scripts and make it executable (chmod a+x testsql5.sh );
- With SQL Developer or your favorite SQL tool, execute these commands Zendesk_Table_View.txt ;
- Import this ConnectorPackage-Zendesk-REST.zip;
- Import this Workflow-03-19-2016_Zendesk_Fulfillment.zip (You need to change URL and credentials in AFX nodes);
- Optionally, you can also import this Workflow-03-19-2016_Zendesk_Tester.zip for testing;
- Import this AveksaMetadata-03-19-2016-Zendesk_App_LocalEDC.xml and make sure everything is linked, AFX Binding to Connector, Fuflillment Workflow;
- Get a free dev Zendesk instance, and replace the credentials in Provisioning Node with your credentials;
- Create a few local entitlements under Zendesk. Alternatively you can link workflow to any app for manual(via Zendesk) fulfillment;
- Request an entitlement for a user. If you want support for multiple users in request, set Workflow property to Create an individual job for each change.
Note: You can also revoke entitlements.
You can check if authentication is enabled for API, I am using Password for this example, but Token can also be used and is more secure:
Example of a Change Request fulfilled by workflow:
Workflow in flight:
Looking up the request in Zendesk:
- Access Request Manager
- blog post
- Identity G&L
- Identity Governance & Lifecycle
- lifecycle and governance
- Product Blog
- Product Blog Post
- RSA Identity
- RSA Identity G&L
- RSA Identity Governance & Lifecycle
- RSA Identity Governance and Lifecycle
- RSA IGL
- tech huddle
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.