kumo_parris

enVision 4.1 - Checkout/Validation Process

Discussion created by kumo_parris on Jan 5, 2012
Latest reply on Sep 5, 2012 by RSA Admin
We are contemplating an upgrade to enVision 4.1 but are very concerned about the comments/horror stories that I've read here on the board. We have certainly ran into our share of upgrade debacles as well. One of my major complaints about any of the updates, whether it's an ESU, patch or major update is the lack of valid checks by the installer. We have ran into many instances where the installer states all is well and we find out later (hours, days or weeks) that things didn't go as advertised. Another of my issues and the reason I am creating this message is the lack of a detailed checkout process. The migration document lists five things to check in order to validate the migration. That's just an outright joke. As anyone who has worked with this product for more than a couple of months can confirm, there's a lot more that needs to be validated prior to turning your back on one of these installs and calling it a success. I was wondering if anyone out there has any sort of procedural document out there that they use and could share.

Outcomes