vrPbZkjA7FsIRBKKxruMHsl0sWGv9zxSzgTBwX74lr4=

Maintaining Table Map and Service Index files

Discussion created by vrPbZkjA7FsIRBKKxruMHsl0sWGv9zxSzgTBwX74lr4= on Mar 31, 2016
Latest reply on Sep 16, 2016 by John Kisner

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could explain me what's the order for service restarting (Log Decoder, Log Collector, Concentrator, Broker¿?)

And what other files (index-concentrator‐custom.xml or index-logdecoder‐custom.xml) should be modify for this case scenarios:

1) Adding new metadata in table-map-custom.xml or index-logdecoder‐custom.xml or index-concentrator‐custom.xml files

2) If I create a Custom Feed, which file shoud I need to update in order to show metadata within Investigation/Navigate screen?

3) If I deploy an EnVision UDS, which file shoud I need to update in order to show metadata within Investigation/Navigate screen?

4) Finally.  What's the difference between index-logdecoder‐custom.xml and index-decoder‐custom.xml ?

Frankly I don't get when to update an xml file (...and which one)  and when to restart the services and in what order.

Actually, I'm restarting all services at once and if I add some metadata in, for example, index-logdecoder‐custom.xml I also add it to index-concentrator‐custom.xml and viceversa.

Thank you all in advance for your responses.

Best regards.

Outcomes