Will importing new rsa tokens into RSA Authentication Manager 7.1 overwrite the existing rsa tokens currently in use?
If you received a new batch of SecurID tokens they will not have the same token serial numbers as your existing tokens and you can import them with no issue. The option to ignore duplicates is the safer option but there will be times when you need to overwrite duplicates. More information is below.
If tokens have been accidentally removed from your Authentication Manager 7.1 install, you can import them again via the Security Console by following the steps below. To import new tokens into the database, also follow the steps below.
1. Select Authentication > SecurID Tokens > Import Token Job > Add New.
2. Define the security domain to which you want the tokens imported.
3. Browse to the token seed xml file you received from RSA or from your reseller. Depending on the type of token you received you may have the addition step of decryping the token to access the token xml file. The the token file name should be in the format of nnnnnn-nn-n_TOKEN.xml, where n is a number.
4. If you received a password for the file, enter it.
5. Choose your import option.
- Tokens assigned to administrators are ignored and not overwritten.
- Tokens previously imported to another realm in the deployment are ignored and not overwritten.
- Tokens that the current administrator does not have permission to view, for example, if they are outside his or her administrative scope, are ignored and not overwritten.
- Tokens that have been replaced or that have replaced another token are ignored and not overwritten.
6. Click Submit Job.
Thank you Erica!
Systems Analyst (SCADA)
City of Riverside Public Utilities
Energy Delivery Electric Operations
Office # (951) 351-6403
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org<mailto:email@example.com>
Retrieving data ...