AnsweredAssumed Answered

6.9 P08 - User Attribute Change Web Service - Run Rule(s)

Question asked by David Friedland on Aug 11, 2016
Latest reply on Aug 12, 2016 by David Friedland

Is this a bug that needs to goto support or am I missing something? 

Currently running 6.9 P08. I am successfully using the User Attribute Change Web Service to update a User attribute from a third party ticketing system.  The problem is that the one attribute change rule I need to execute isn't running.  I have followed all information according to the supplied documentation, and have attempted all permutations of the <run-rule> and <run-all-rules/> within the aveksa-plug-ins.xml or the http post body.  Unfortunately, the end result is always no rule execution. 

Currently the server.log will always show one of two actions, even when I explicitly call out the desired rule to run or have all rules set to run:

1. A generic error with no processing, which does not show the attribute that successfully gets updated for the user, and incorrectly shows the rule type as other instead of attribute change.

INFO [com.aveksa.plugin.uacws.UserAttributeChangeWebService] Change for 'mmouse' '[name: null] '=' [value: null]'

INFO [com.aveksa.server.xfw.ExecutionContextFactory] Rule type being processed=Other

2. Attempts to run ONLY the INACTIVE Rules, incorrectly shows the rule type as other instead of attribute change, doesn't show the attribute that successfully gets updated for the user, and ignores all ACTIVE rules.

INFO [com.aveksa.plugin.uacws.UserAttributeChangeWebService] Change for 'mmouse' '[name: null] '=' [value: null]'

INFO [com.aveksa.server.xfw.ExecutionContextFactory] Rule type being processed=Other

INFO [com.aveksa.server.xfw.ExecutionContextFactory] Rule BirthRightRole is inactive and wont be processed.

INFO [com.aveksa.server.xfw.ExecutionContextFactory] Rule UpdateSupervisorAttribute is inactive and wont be processed.

When putting the two com objects above into debug mode, it appears to show a distinct RUN_ID getting generated with the rule execution type having a status of new.  But for whatever reason nothing ends up getting ran.  See screenshot below.

Anyone have a similar situation? Any ideas Mr. Sean Miller

Outcomes