AnsweredAssumed Answered

Unable to Add Enterprise Coordinator

Question asked by Tom Goetz on Aug 31, 2016
Latest reply on Sep 1, 2016 by Tom Goetz

I am attempting to configure Enterprise Coordinator on my Enterprise Manager when I goto Admin->Datacenter->Configuration and Status and add my Enterprise Coordinator then click on Save, it attempts to verify connectivity.  This process eventually times out. With the following error. 

"Bootstrap failed due to timeout connectiong to the controller: Unable to bootstrap remote controller. Remote controller said could not invoke service. Nested exception is org.codehaus.xfire.XFireFault: Couldn't send message.

On the Enterprise Coordinator I have open ports 9145 and 9150. 

I did 9145 because that is the port the Enterprise Manager is set to connect to on. This port appears to be hard set as when in Enterprise Manager this field is greyed out and locked.

When I go to the Enterprise Coordinator and do a netstat -a I see that port 9150 is what is actually broadcasting so I open that port too. 

It appears to me that I either need to change Enterprise Manager to scan on 9150 or get the Enterprise Coordinator to broadcast on 9145.

I should also not both the Enterprise Coordinator and Enterprise Manager are Windows 2012 R2 servers. 

Thoughts or guidance please. 

Outcomes