AnsweredAssumed Answered

Unable to Add Site to Datacenter

Question asked by Tom Goetz on Sep 1, 2016
Latest reply on Sep 7, 2016 by Tom Goetz

I am attempting to add a new Site Coordinator / Site to my Datacenter configuration. I have successfully added my Enterprise Coordinator but when I attempt to add a new Site (Site Coordinator) it eventually fails. In looking at the em.log file on the Enterprise Manager I get the following errors

01 Sep 2016 09:06:44,885 | ERROR - DiscoveryStatusServiceImpl.getStatusForHarvester(631) | FunctionalFlow - Status_Discovery: Exception retrieving Harvester status on controller RSADLP12-EntCrd and site 2. Reason is Could not invoke service.. Nested exception is org.codehaus.xfire.fault.XFireFault: Server was unable to process request. ---> The site config for 2 was not found.

01 Sep 2016 09:14:21,626 | ERROR - LoggingAsynchronousExceptionListener.onEvent(39) | Asynchronous exception occurred processing event continuation: Could not invoke service.. Nested exception is org.codehaus.xfire.fault.XFireFault: Server was unable to process request. ---> The site (id = 2) was not found.
Parameter name: siteId

01 Sep 2016 09:14:21,642 | ERROR - EMApplicationEventMulticaster$1.run(180) | Unexpected exception occurred during event processing: Could not invoke service.. Nested exception is org.codehaus.xfire.fault.XFireFault: Server was unable to process request. ---> The site (id = 2) was not found.
Parameter name: siteId; job is recoverable and will be retried

01 Sep 2016 09:15:58,986 | ERROR - Site.updateDiscoveryStatus(1137) | Failed to create Site. Could not connect to the site.

01 Sep 2016 09:18:38,567 | ERROR - RecoverableEventQueueJob.secureExecuteInternal(209) | Discarding recoverable job of type: device.discovery.site.change due to site no longer existing

01 Sep 2016 09:22:07,915 | ERROR - LoggingAsynchronousExceptionListener.onEvent(39) | Asynchronous exception occurred processing event continuation: Could not invoke service.. Nested exception is org.codehaus.xfire.fault.XFireFault: Server was unable to process request. ---> The site (id = 3) was not found.
Parameter name: siteId

01 Sep 2016 09:22:07,915 | ERROR - EMApplicationEventMulticaster$1.run(180) | Unexpected exception occurred during event processing: Could not invoke service.. Nested exception is org.codehaus.xfire.fault.XFireFault: Server was unable to process request. ---> The site (id = 3) was not found.
Parameter name: siteId; job is recoverable and will be retried

01 Sep 2016 09:23:38,546 | ERROR - RecoverableEventQueueJob.secureExecuteInternal(209) | Discarding recoverable job of type: device.discovery.site.change due to site no longer existing

01 Sep 2016 09:52:58,959 | ERROR - Site.updateDiscoveryStatus(1137) | Failed to create Site. Timeout Executing Scheduled Task Site0004

I have created an agent installer (via Generate Agent Installer in the Enterprise Manager) and manually installed it on the machine I am looking to add to Site and make the Site Coordinator. I have confirmed it installed and that I can see it is broadcasting on port 9150 on the Site Coordinator machine. I have also open all ports on the firewall of the Site Coordinator machine and confirmed creation of the rules via the Discovery Agent Installer. During Installation of the Discovery Agent onto the Site Coordinator machine I used the same GPO/Push Site Password that I defined in the setup of the New Site on the Enterprise Manager. 

I am unsure of what step I am missing any help or guidance would be appreciated. 

Thanks

Outcomes