AnsweredAssumed Answered

Creating a User Access Review to Mimic User Access Page

Question asked by Sasha Browning on Sep 28, 2016
Latest reply on Sep 29, 2016 by Sasha Browning

Is it possible to create a User Access Review in such a way that it mimics the user experience on the Home > Users > Access tab?  I am referring to the ability to remove access granted directly (an account, a group, etc) and simply view all other access (granted indirectly - for instance via group nesting or role membership)

User Access Page:

I've been fiddling with the reviews, so far I have the following:

1. User access review
    • Contents: Groups, entitlements (ent), etc., that are granted directly
    • Issues:
      • Accounts are not shown
      • Any access granted indirectly (all access) is not available
      • Displaying Entitlement Path variable is not an available option (which would be nice), but this would require the ability to display all (indirect) access.
  2. Account review
    • Contents:
      • Top Level: Account
      • Next Level: Groups, entitlements (ent), etc., that are granted directly (similar to the User Access review, above).
    • Issues
      • Any access granted indirectly (all access) is not available
      • Displaying Entitlement Path variable is not an available option (which would be nice), but this would require the ability to display all (indirect) access.

Background

I'm working on creating user access reviews so that managers can review access for their direct reports.  For now, the default user access review looks fine, but I will have some managers that want the ability to view all access for their subordinates.  RSA IMG hasn't been made public, so I have to address user education and documentation, but I wanted to give managers the option to view their users' access within the review itself.  

It would be great if I could have the option of showing just Directly entitled vs All access, directly within the report.  

Server Information

Currently running RSA IMG 6.9.1 P16

Question:

Is it possible to show all access within the review, to mimic the User access page or should I submit an enhancement request with RSA?

I do not have professional services dollars to address this portion of our deployment, so your feedback would be appreciated. Thank you.

Outcomes