AnsweredAssumed Answered

Unification Hung - Ramifications For Skipping Step 7

Question asked by David Friedland on Oct 10, 2016
Latest reply on Oct 11, 2016 by Sean Miller

Hi All,

I need to know what negative implications happen downstream if I comment out the code in the interim to continue testing?

I have a client running 6.9 and the DEV environment is currently hanging in step 7 " Populate Role Metrics".  Currently the longest has taken > 48 hours.  Unfortunately I don't have OEM, and the AWR report confirms T_AV_RDCPROCESSHISTORY  only has one record.  This unification problem does not happen in PROD, but it is preventing me from testing new functionality.  The odd thing is that we only have one ACM managed role in this environment.  We will be creating a support case for this shortly.  

I want to comment out all of step 7 temporarily.  It appears the relevant code is located in:

/home/oracle/jboss-4.2.2.GA/server/default/deploy/aveksa.ear/aveksa.war/WEB-INF/database/packages/collectors/IDC/

Unification_Processor.pkb.   

/*

Update the metrics for any roles in the system

step_id := Unification_Log.PROGRESS_STEP_7;

Unification_Log.TASK_BEGIN(in_run_id, v_proc_name, Unification_Log.PROGRESS_STEP_7); v_begin_time := DBMS_UTILITY.GET_TIME;

Unification_Log.INFO_INFO(in_run_id, v_proc_name, 'Calling Populate_Role_Metrics');

Role_Management_Pkg.Populate_Role_Metrics(1, 1, 1);

Unification_Log.TASK_END(in_run_id, v_proc_name, Unification_Log.PROGRESS_STEP_7, (DBMS_UTILITY.GET_TIME - v_begin_time));

/**************************************************************************

Commit the Transaction

**************************************************************************/

COMMIT;

*/

Outcomes