AnsweredAssumed Answered

User Schema Update Failing

Question asked by David Friedland on Oct 27, 2016
Latest reply on Nov 8, 2016 by David Friedland

What else can I do to remedy this asides from creating a support ticket?

On a 6.9.1 P07 box, I am unable to extend the user schema to add a date attribute.  I am getting an error below stating that (name="CUS_ATTR_USER_CAS_19" display-name="DisabledAccount") already exists, even though I am attempting to create an entirely different date (not string) attribute.  See errors below for details.

Even though there is only one attribute defined in this system that is assigned to CUS_ATTR_USER_CAS_19, it appears RSA isn’t currently allowing the schema to be extended.  RSA is behaving, as if it thinks the DisabledAccount attribute should again be added (even though this attribute has previously been committed), and is also ignoring the new date attribute intended to be updated.  You can see the query below showing all custom user attributes beginning with ‘Dis%’ confirming zero duplicates present.

OTHER IDEAS ATTEMPTED:

1. Adding a new attribute through the UI causes the failure below.

2. Attempting to rename the DisabledAccount extended user attribute through the UI results in the same errors, and actually successfully changes the display_name in the T_AV_CUSTOM_ATTRIBUTES table, even though the error below is thrown..

3. Looking through the different packages at a cursory level led me to several different private tables.  I wasn't able to quickly figure out the primary/foreign key relationships to help diagnose where the problem might be, and thus didn't delete from the backend.  

SERVER.LOG ERRORS:

2016-10-26 09:37:07,667 ERROR [com.aveksa.server.core.IdentityModel] java.sql.SQLException: ORA-20110: User Schema modification failed.

Stored Procedure:Alter_User_Schema execution aborted.ORA-20101: (TABLE=T_MASTER_ENTERPRISE_USERS). Attribute Name already exists.

Stack:

ORA-06512: at "AVUSER.UTILITIES_PKG", line 381

ORA-06512: at "AVUSER.METADATA_MANAGEMENT_PKG", line 99

ORA-06512: at "AVUSER.ERROR_HANDLER_PKG", line 903

ORA-06512: at "AVUSER.ERROR_HANDLER_PKG", line 917

ORA-06512: at "AVUSER.METADATA_MANAGEMENT_PKG", line 178

ORA-06512: at line 1

Failed method=UpdateUserSchema <Columns xmlns="http://www.aveksa.com/schema">

<column operation="ADD" name="CUS_ATTR_USER_CAS_19" display-name="DisabledAccount" type="STRING" length="256" precision="0" scale="0" usage="VIEW-MODIFY" is-managed="y" is-editable="y" is-OOTB-attr="n" data-source-id="" showInTable="true"/>

Outcomes